Thursday, May 2, 2013

Leaders need time...to reflect

Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn, has an interesting take on leaders scheduling...nothing:
At first, these buffers felt like indulgences. I could have been using the time to catch up on meetings I had pushed out or said "no" to. But over time I realized not only were these breaks important, they were absolutely necessary in order for me to do my job.
As an organization scales, the role of its leadership needs to evolve and scale along with it. I've seen this evolution take place along at least two continuum: from problem solving to coaching and from tactical execution to thinking strategically. What both of these transitions require is time, and lots of it. Endlessly scheduling meeting on top of meeting and your time to get these things right evaporates.
 
 
 

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130403215758-22330283-the-importance-of-scheduling-nothing?goback=%2Egde_2455029_member_229184143

No comments:

Post a Comment